Thursday, November 20, 2008

Where to Go from Here?

Well, I've settled down now that the election is over. I'm not happy with the person who got in. I took the upside down American flag, signifying distress, off my computer desktop at work. My American flag is still not back up at home, but eventually it will be. It's the symbol of something I believe in, not necessarily the person in the Oval office.

What do we do now? Well, God tells us in the Bible that we're supposed to pray for our leaders. That's what I'll do. It doesn't mean that I think the person is great or a shining star or anything like that. It means the person is now the leader of this country and he needs prayer. This country needs prayer. That's what we need to do.

So, I will take up the task of praying, not only for the President, but for the government (that includes state and local) and this country.

I believe we are entering into a time that God is showing what life is like without Him. America, it's time to open your eyes at the reality. Life without God is not good. It is a life with turmoil and immorality. It is a life without hope. That hope is Jesus Christ.

As Christ followers, we need to pray. That's one of the things we're called to do. I, for one, will endeavor to be obedient to our Father and do so. But not just out of obedience, but out of love for people who are lost; those without Christ.

Join with me and let's all create a chorus, a blanket of prayer for all the lost in this country and around the world.

God bless you and may God bless America.

No comments: